Chopin Airport (WAW)
Warsaw Chopin Airport (Lotnisko Chopina) is located within a distance of 8 kilometers from the city centre of Warsaw. The airport can be reached by a few lines of the municipal public transport organized by Zarząd Transportu Miejskiego.
Four day bus lines and one night line reach the airport:
- line 175 from Plac Piłsudskiego through Krakowskie Przedmieście, Nowy Świat, Aleje Jerozolimskie (the Centrum underground station, Warszawa Centralna /Warsaw Central Station/ and Warszawa Śródmieście railway stations) and Plac Zawiszy,
- line 188 from Praga-Południe through Trasa Łazienkowska (the Politechnika underground station),
- line 148 from Praga-Południe through Mokotów and Ursynów (the Imielin underground station),
- line 331 from the Wilanowska underground station (it runs only on weekdays at peak hours),
- night line N32 from the Warszawa Centralna railway station /Warsaw Central Station/ (a night interchange point).
Buses arriving at the airport stop at the upper level of the terminal (by the departure lounge) and by the coach terminal. After dropping off passengers, they go to a technical stop located outside the terminal.
Buses departing from the airport take passengers from the lower level of the terminal (by the arrival hall) and from a stop behind the coach terminal. It is forbidden to board buses at the upper level (by the departure lounge) in order to leave the airport.
In the vicinity of the terminal there is the underground Warsaw Chopin Airport railway station. It can be reached by the following trains:
- S3 SKM trains, from Radzymin / Wieliszew / Legionowo Piaski, through Warszawa Gdańska and Warszawa Zachodnia stations,
- RL Koleje Mazowieckie trains, from Modlin, through Legionowo, Warszawa Wschodnia, Warszawa Centralna, Warszawa Zachodnia stations.