Rules for paying charges and fees
Rules for paying charges and fees, as well as for verifying tickets are described in detail:
- additional provisions to the transport tariff,
- instructions for using ticket coded in WKM (Warsaw City Card) cards
Ticket tariff – additional provisions
- Section I. Definitions
- Section II. Tickets and fares – Chapter 1. General provisions
- Section II. Tickets and fares – Chapter 2. Paument Principles
- Section II. Tickets and fares – Chapter 3. Additional fees
- Section III. Exchange and return of tickets – Chapter 1. General provisions
- Section III. Exchange and return of tickets – Chapter 2. Exchange of tickets
- Section III. Exchange and return of tickets – Chapter 3. Return of tickets
- Section IV. Transition provisions
The terms used in the Rules mean as follows:
1) ZTM – Public Transport Authority (Zarząd Transportu Miejskiego) in Warsaw;
2) basic line – a communication line started to satisfy the permanent transportation needs;
3) supplementary line – a communication line started in order to supplement or strengthen the system of basic lines:
a) replacement line – a communication line started in order to serve passengers of one or many basic lines during the time of ongoing or planned suspension of their run or change of a route,
b) special line – a communication line started in order to ensure service for a specific region or specific group of passengers in relation to celebration of holidays, events or other occasions;
4) combined ride – a trip covering a ride by more than one communication line;
5) border stop – a stop assigning the border of ticket zones;
6) a ticket – a travel document that can have a form of:
a) paper in the form of a card with magnetic record or a vehicle ticket (i.e. printout from a ticket terminal in the vehicle),
b) a record on a proximity card issued in the form of “Warsaw City Card” or another card introduced or accepted by ZTM, hereafter referred to as the card,
c) a record in the payment system via a mobile phone,
d) other accepted by ZTM;
7) type of ticket – a set of ticket features specifying a validity term and territory scope of application;
8) type of the ticket:
a) normal – a ticket at full price,
b) discounted – a ticket at a discounted price;
9) bearer ticket – a ticket authorising travel of each person possessing it;
10) bearer ticket – a ticket authorising to travel a person indicated in it. This ticket is issued in the form of a personalised proximity card;
11) personalised proximity card – a card or different form of a carrier accepted by ZTM with visible first name, family name and current photo of the ticket’s user;
12) validation/activation of a ticket – validating the ticket by making a relevant electronic record on it:
a) by proper placing of a paper ticket in a validating machine or underground’s (metro’s) gate,
b) by approximating the card ticket to the selected field of the validating machine or the underground’s gate,
c) by purchase of a ticket via a mobile phone or in other way specified by ZTM;
13) serving device – a device starting connection with the card or other ticket or reading and recording e.g. terminal
Tickets and Fares
1. A ticket issued by ZTM authorises to paid travel by a collective transportation means in the capital city of Warsaw.
2. On the basis of the agreements concluded between the capital city of Warsaw, and other entities in the local collective transportation vehicles in the capital city of Warsaw, tickets sold or honoured by the entities are recognised as valid.
3. An entity organising cultural, sport events, conferences, congresses and similar ventures may apply for concluding an agreement with the capital city of Warsaw for purchase of tickets for at least 100 participants of such an event for the time of its duration. A fee paid by an entity organising an event is the product of the multiple of the short-term or long-term ticket price in the Title I and the number of participants of such an event.
1. A ticket constitutes a proof of making the payment and authorises to use the local collective transportation means of the capital city of Warsaw only after its validation/activation. The exception is a ticket in the form of a vehicle ticket which does not need to be validated.
2. Validating/activation of a ticket coded on the card is required in case, when:
1) a ticket was coded for the first time;
2) a ticket was coded after the lapse of validity of the previously coded ticket;
3) a different kind or type of a ticket was coded during the validity term of a previous ticket.
3. A printout of a coding device, cash register receipt, confirmation of a ticket purchase by a mobile phone in the form of a text message (text) or a printout confirming the purchase of a ticket within the internet ticket sale is not a document confirming the right to travel by local collective transportation means.
The fees as specified in the Travel Tariff are binding also in the vehicles of the supplementary lines subject to the situations:
1) where the applicant covers the costs of starting a special line:
a) in 100% – the ride is free,
b) in 50% – the types of tickets and fees specified in the travel Tariff are binding,
c) in 30% – a fee for a ride is equal to the price of a single-ride with a transfer binding in one ticket zone; in such a case, time-limited tickets, short-term and long-term tickets are not binding;
2) in the vehicles of special lines started to serve events organised or co-organised by the capital city of Warsaw, the ride is free of charge;
3) in special lines vehicles started to serve graveyards, regardless of their route, the types of tickets and fees specified for the zone 1 are binding.
1. Issuance of the Warsaw City Card is possible only in case of simultaneous coding the data concerning the ticket, specifying its type and kind, on it. The exception is the personalised card which may be issued without coding on it the data concerning the ticket.
2. Upon the justified application of a passenger having a right to free of charge rides, the Director of ZTM or a person authorised by him/her, may, after submitting by such a passenger documents confirming the right, after their verification, express a consent to code them on a personalised proximity card. In such a case, during the tickets inspection, a personalised proximity card with coded right shall be the document confirming the right to free of charge ride.
In case of coding on the card data referring to a different kind or type of a ticket, the so far binding ticket is deleted.
The Director of ZTM or a person authorised by him/her, in justified cases, may make a decision on cancelling or returning the fees specified in the Travel Tariff.
Tickets binding only in zone 1 are valid only in the zone 1.
Tickets binding only in zone 2 are valid only in the zone 2.
A passenger may use two discounted tickets of the same type, so that the fee binding in a given zone for a ride is achieved. A proof of making a fee is presenting validated/activated tickets with the total value not less than required in the Travel Tariff.
A normal bearer ticket authorises to simultaneous ride of two people having right to the ride with 50% discount.
If a passenger has a valid ticket binding in a given ticket zone, he/she is obliged to validate/activate a ticket binding in the next ticket zone at the latest at the moment of passing a border stop.
In case of failure or excluding a vehicle from service, the validated single-ride with transfer tickets authorise to the ride in the next vehicle of the same line to the stop or station, that is binding as a last one along the route or other line following the same route or in a vehicle of a replacement line.
1. In case when a passenger at the moment of the tickets inspection, fails to present a valid bearer ticket, the imposed additional fee shall be cancelled, if, within 7 days from the date of the event, a valid bearer ticket is presented in the appointed passenger service centres. Cancellation of the additional fee depends on the previous verification of the ticket’s validity (jointly with possible rights to the discount) in accordance with the condition at the moment of the inspection and on payment of a handling fee.
2. In case when a passenger at the moment of the tickets inspection, fails to present a valid document authorised to discounted or free of charge ride, the imposed additional fee shall be cancelled, if, within 7 days from the date of the event, a relevant document is presented in the appointed passenger service centres. Cancellation of the additional fee depends on the previous verification of the validity of a document authorising to discounted or free of charge ride, verification of the ticket’s validity in accordance with the condition at the moment of the inspection and on payment of a handling fee.
In case of imposing an additional fee, a passenger is obliged to pay the fee jointly with a relevant amount due for transport constituting an equivalent of the price for a single-ride with transfer ticket relevant to the possessed rights and travel zones.
Exchange of Tickets and Return of Tickets
The possibility to read the ticket’s number by the serving device or reading a 11-sign number printed on a ticket is the condition for returning or replacing a ticket.
Tickets with a nominal value in accordance with the binding Travel Tariff are not subject to exchange for a different type ticket.
Single-ride and limited-time tickets with the nominal value in accordance with the binding Travel Tariff are not subject to return.
The paid fees or unused parts of a ticket are not returned in case when its lost, damaged or stolen, also in case of reporting the loss to the prosecution bodies, subject to § 27.
People who paid a fee for a ride in case of having rights to free of charge rides or people who paid a full fee for a ride in case of having rights to discounted rides are not returned the paid fees.
In case of revealing a defect of a ticket, as mentioned in § 1 sec. 6 letter b), it is possible to code unused part of a ticket of the same type and kind on a new card. In such a case a replacement of a card with simultaneous coding of unused part of a ticket, is free of charge.
In case of revealing a defect of a ticket that is not validated/activated in paper form, there is a possibility to exchange it to a new ticket of the same kind and type.
In case of revealing a defect of a short-term ticket that is validated/activated, there is a possibility to exchange it to a new ticket of the same kind and type.
Damaged or defective tickets may be held by ZTM for procedural or evidence purposes.
In case of change of personal data of the ticket’s owner, as mentioned in § 1 sec. 11, a passenger is obliged to immediately replace the personalised card with the possibility to re-code the unused part of the ticket. In such a case, a replacement of a card with simultaneous coding of unused part of a ticket is free of charge and takes place after prior documenting of the owner’s data change.
In case a passenger replaces a card into a personalised card, there is a possibility to free of charge coding of the unused part of a ticket of the same type on the new personalised card. The exchange of the card after issuing a call for payment, does not cancel the call.
In case of losing, damaging or stealing a personalised card, upon the motion of an interested person, a new card is issued with unused part of the bearer ticket and validity term in accordance with the term coded on the lost card. In such a case the issuance of a card with simultaneous coding of unused part of a ticket, is upon charge.
The applications to exchange the tickets shall be considered within the term of 14 days from the date of reporting.
It is allowed to return tickets with collecting amounts due for the following types of tickets:
1) validated/activated long term tickets, prior to the lapse of their validity term, provided that the value of the ticket is decreased by a handling fee in the amount of 20% of the nominal value of the ticket, however not more than PLN 50.00, the remaining amount is divided by the number of days for which the ticket was coded. The amount to be returned is to be established by multiplying the obtained quotient by the number of days remaining to be used, counting from any day of the return of the ticket till the last day of its validity. A ticket remains validity till 11:59 p.m. of a day which was indicated by the passenger as the last day of using the ticket;
2) non-validated/not activated short and long-term tickets provided that the nominal value of the ticket is decreased by a handling fee in the amount of 20%, however, not more than PLN 50.
It is allowed to return the tickets that were deleted as the result of coding on the card the data of a ticket of a different kind and type, without charging a handling fee. The amount to be returned is established by multiplying the quotient of the value of the deleted ticket and the number of unused days, counting from the day following the day of deleting the ticket till the last day of its validity.
1. A return of the tickets as mentioned in § 29 and § 30, jointly with collecting the amounts due, may happen, after prior signing of a statement and presenting an ID document or return of a ticket purchase document (cash register receipt, receipt, invoice), subject to sec. 2.
2. A return of a bearer ticket coded on a personalised card may be done by a card owner or a person authorised by him/her in accordance with the submitted power of attorney.
All kinds and types of tickets with invalid nominal value are binding till the end of their validity term.
1. Tickets with invalid nominal value may be returned at the cashier counters of ZTM within the term up to 6 months from the day when this Travel Tariff comes into force, without collecting a handling fee as mentioned in § 29.
2. A return of the tickets as mentioned in sec. 1 above, may happen, after prior signing of a statement and presenting an ID document or return of a ticket purchase document (cash register receipt, receipt, invoice).
3. A return of a bearer ticket coded on a personalised card may be done by a card owner or a person authorised by him/her in accordance with the submitted power of attorney.
Decree No. 926/2022 on the implementation of the “Warsaw Family Card” Program and the rules of verification, issuing and control of entitlements to the Varsovian Card / Varsovian Card / Young Varsovian Card / Young Varsovian Card
Decree No. 768/2013 amending the ordinance on the implementation of the “Warsaw Family Card” Program and the rules for verifying, issuing and controlling entitlements to the Warszawianka Card/Warszawiaka Card/Young Varsovian Card/Young Varsovian Card